Is gifting truly an art (or just a pain in the butt)?
This question might force you to go down memory lane and relive the unusual gifts that you’ve doled out and received in the past. While some people have a keen eye when it comes to picking the perfect gift, others find it to be a rather daunting task - whether it’s finding something the recipient might enjoy and cherish, or ensuring it’s a “fit” for the occasion at hand. Holiday season adds to the stress, especially when the list of people you need to buy gifts for runs long, and you do not even know where to begin!
For those of you who are trying to up your gifting game or for those who are genuinely just trying to learn the art of gift-giving - we’ve gathered a few key pointers that can help you pick and choose items so you not only survive this holiday season but also score a radiant smile from those you cherish.
The first tip is a rather simple concept - that of - personalization. This is definitely key when it comes to gifting. Here are a few tips and tricks to help personalize your gifts -
- Gifting with Intention - The thought behind a gift is always the most important aspect. Rather than giving something that might seem impressive or has a hefty price tag, take a minute to think of a conversation you have had in the past when the person might have mentioned something that was on their wish list or maybe an item that reminds you of them. This helps bind emotion to an otherwise materialistic gift.
- Ignite A Sense of Nostalgia - Adding items that have a memory attached to them is a beautiful way to gift. Nothing is more intimate and personalized than cherishing old memories and creating new ones.
- Curate an Experience - Having a few different options that can be curated into a gift box can work in your favor as well. Wellness and self-care hampers and gift boxes are safe options to pick from. Or you can curate a set of complementary items that each tell a part of a story with the whole coming together to create a unique and immersive experience for the recipient allowing them to uncover every aspect of the gift box that has been (thoughtfully) put together for them.
- Expect the Unexpected – Uniqueness will always stand out. Instead of the usual sweets and gift-wrapped showpieces, try to include items that are one-of-a-kind. Gifting is the best way to let people discover new products or services. Innovative concepts and thinking out of the box are key to creating a statement. But always keeping the personality and nature of the recipient in mind. A budding writer? Gift them a Masterclass. A dog-lover? Well, how about matching dog and owner clothes from Spark Paws (so cute!!)
- Repurposable Packaging - The concept of imbibing the 3Rs - Reuse, Reduce and Recycle should never get buried under any To-Do or To-Buy list . Opting for gifts that are wrapped with packaging that can be repurposed for display or storage is a responsible choice. PLUS, it ensures the lucky recipient has a reason to remember you way past the gifting occasion. . There are plenty of options that can replace the regular dull plastic and paper-based options. You can find a number of options that include wooden and ornate cloth options that are not only stunning but also sustainable, environmentally friendly and reduce waste generation.
- Support A Cause – Make your gift a part of something bigger. Spread happiness in more ways than one by allowing your gift to be a part of a contribution towards a worthy cause. This year’s Limited Edition gift set for men from Love, Indus include high-end accessories (Bengal tiger etched cufflinks and a silk pocket scarf) from the House of Badnore & a part of the proceeds will be donated to the World Wildlife Fund, an organization committed to saving the Royal Bengal Tiger. Learn more about the cause here
This holiday season, Love, Indus is here to add more color and joy to your celebrations - here to revive a sense of nostalgia and traditions with a curation of Rare Riches - Reimagined.
These limited-edition luxe gift sets include opulent skincare and heirloom jewels for both men and women. These luxurious products are wrapped with love in a rich velvet and art silk brocade box inspired by the print of a Benarasi sari.
When a gift set is this opulent and unique - it will be a gift you will be remembered for (with a smile)!